The members of the Legal Clinic for Refugees and Immigrants believe that every human being has the right to freedom, shelter, safety and respect for his/her human dignity.
The goals of the clinic are to:
- Create opportunities for students and aspiring human rights practitioners to engage theoretical and practical knowledge in the ambit of refugee and migration law;
- Organize university courses in refugee and migration law;
- Provide free legal assistance in the form of counseling and representation to asylum seekers, refugees and immigrants;
- Campaign for the respect of basic human rights for undocumented migrants, and to provide assistance in accessing these rights;
- Improve refugee and immigrant rights protection in Bulgaria;
- Support refugees and immigrants in social integration;
- Enhance public awareness regarding refugee and immigrant issues.